Second Floor, Armoury
Building, 37 Reid Street, Hamilton. P. O. Box HM 433, Hamilton. New
2003 numbers are phone 295-5772 or fax 295-0304.
Warwick Parish, WK 09. Telephone (441) 236-6400 or 236-1301
extension 7951. Fax (441) 236-6867. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Golf professional: Alex Madeiros. Check rates directly with
course depending on time of day and time of year. Private but will
accept off-the-street golfers by prior appointment. Ask about
playability on the day you have in mind. Course designed by Deveraux
Emmett and first opened for play in 1924.
Bermuda Golf Academy and Driving Range
Middle Road, on Industrial Park Road, Southampton Parish SB 04. This
not a golf course but something different for Bermuda. It's a pleasant
alternative. On a 12 acre site, its hours are 8 am to 10:30 pm., seven
days a week. Special lighting offers residents and visitors the chance
to get into the swing of things after dark. Facilities include a 40
bay (25 covered), 320 yard driving range, with eight target greens
placed from 75 yards to 230 yards out. An automated system tees up
golf balls - 90 at a time - as well as cleaning them and removing any
of below par quality. The driving range facilities here are
appreciably more extensive than the other driving ranges located at
three of Bermuda's golf courses.
South Road, at the junction with Southcote Road, Paget Parish. Access
it via Horizons & Cottages. A 9 hole par 27 mashie course. For
reservations, telephone (441) 236-0048. Tee off times are by
reservation only. Guests at Horizons & Cottages have priority but the
general public is welcome. There are no carts. Other facilities
include tennis courts and a restaurant.
Town, St. George's Parish. Telephone (441)-293 0330. It was designed
originally by Charles Blair MacDonald to fit into the natural terrain.
It was a par-71 layout, over 600 acres of rolling countryside, 6,519
yards from the back tees. MacDonald won the first US Amateur Golf
Championship in 1895 and later designed the National Golf Course in
the USA. The course first opened in 1922. Ralph A. Kennedy of
Mamaroneck, NY, regarded at the time as the "Dr. Livingstone of Golf,"
rated it one of the five best courses in the world. Photo: Government
Information Services, Bermuda
Barker's Hill Road,
Devonshire Parish DV 05. P. O. Box DV 358, Devonshire DV BX.
Phones: Office 295-9092 (fax 295-9097); Pro Shop 295-9093; Tee Times
234-4653; Golf Pro 296-3917; Maintenance 236-6758; Restaurant/Bar
Owned and operated by
the Ministry of Works and Engineering, Parks and Housing of the Bermuda Government.
Senior officer is the General Manager. A 9 hole par 35 course over
5 Middle Road, Southampton Parish, SB 02. Mailing address is P.
O. Box SN 189, Southampton, Bermuda SN BX. E-mail email@example.com. It is
owned by the
and operated by its Ministry of Works and Engineering. Phones: Office
234 -0974 (fax) 234-3562. Pro Shop 234-0972; Tee Times 234-4653; Golf
Pro (fax) 234-3630; Maintenance 234-1182; Restaurant/Bar 234-5037;
Tennis Courts 238-9430 or 238-9070. A Robert Trent Jones 18 hole par
71 course over 6,565 yards. It opened in 1970. It hosts many
tournaments. Sunset golf is from 4:00 pm with a reservation.
Bay Road, Warwick Parish WK 04. or P. O. Box WK 236, Warwick, WK BX.
Telephone (441) 238-1060 or (441) 238-3225 for starting time. Fax
(441) 238-8785. General Manager is Sara Masters. The club opened in
1922. It was the first 18-hole course in Bermuda, originally over 5549
yards and was designed by Deveraux Emmett (who also designed the
Congressional Golf Club near Washington, DC).
Road, Southampton Parish SN 02. For reservations call (441) 238-0446.
It is part of and adjacent to the Southampton Princess Hotel complex.
An 18 hole par 54, manageable yet quite challenging course over 2,684
yards. With superb marine and landscape views. Carts are mandatory and
included in the green fees. There's a pro shop, tennis courts, bar and
restaurant. In 2003, Single Annual Membership is$725; Double Annual
Membership is $925 and an Initiation Fee is required. Members get
Park Road, St. George's GE 03. Or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Owned,
maintained and operated by the Ministry of Works and Engineering of
Government. North of and near Town of St. George.
Not on bus route. Phones: Office 297-8067 (fax 297-2273); Pro Shop
297-8353; Golf Pro 297-3660; Tee Times 234-4653; Maintenance 297-8370;
Restaurant/Bar 297-1836. Max Atherden, General Manager.
A scenic 18 hole par 62
course over 4,043 yards. There is a bar and restaurant, phone (441)
297-1836. Cruise ships pass by. With sunset golf (from 4:00 pm) with a
This was one of the
last designed by Robert Trent Jones Senior prior to his retirement.
The 18th hole is named after Bermuda's first Governor, Richard Moore.
One of the greens overlooks historic Fort St. Catherine.
Castle Harbour Golf Club), Tuckers Town, St. George's
Parish, Bermuda HS 02. Telephone (441) 298-6959 for reservations
or fax (441) 293-1051. General Manager is Bruce Fraser. Originally
designed by Charles Banks and Robert Trent Jones, with later
amendments by Californian Algie Pulley, it began as an 18-hole course,
but was cut back to 9 holes during World War 2. It became a
challenging 18 hole, par 71 course over 6,440 yards with sea views,
when it was opened by the Governor of Bermuda in December, 1959. It
has a scenic opening hole and incredible views. But with closure of
the Castle Harbor hotel, it became 9 holes from January 10, 2000. It
was completely re-vamped and reopened in April 2002 as 18 holes
again. Of a very high standard, it is a private club for members only,
similar to the Mid Ocean Golf Club. A par 70 course. The re-vamped
Tucker's Point Golf, Beach and Tennis Club was formally opened in