Second Floor, Armoury
Building, 37 Reid Street, Hamilton. P. O. Box HM 433, Hamilton.
phone 295-5772 or fax 295-0304.
The Bermuda Golf
Association was formed on September 20th 1950, as an association of
local golf clubs. The greatest accomplishment during its first year
was the adoption of the U.S.G.A. Handicap System for men. In 1970, the
Association was reconstituted as an organisation of affiliated
As the governing body of golf in Bermuda, the B.G.A. is responsible
for organising major national competitions such as the Bermuda Amateur
Championships for Men and Ladies; the Bermuda Mixed Foursome
Championships; The Bermuda Four Ball Championships; the Bermuda Open
Golf Championship; the Bermuda Seniors Championships for Men and
Ladies and the Bermuda Goodwill Tournament, one of the best and
certainly the largest, event organised by the Association.
International teams are selected by the B.G.A. to compete in such
overseas events as the World Amateur Golf Council Team Championships
Eisenhower Trophy and the Espirito Santo Trophy held every two years.
Bermuda Ladies have travelled to the Women's International Invitation
Championship since 1979, an event usually held in the Caribbean.